F-ing Diabolical

Weeds in a sidewalk

Mordria Nemes

Annie smiled slightly as she nodded. "Nothing quite like coffee made by someone you care about right?" Indeed, freshly made coffee or tea in bed always tasted exactly right to her. Gave her more strength to go about the day, especially when she didnt overmuch feel like it. However, she was studying the board, and had finally decided what she wanted.

"Sorry...that guy distracted me so much I had almost forgotten what I got in line for. A Vanilla Latte, is pretty much what I was in the mood for, I figure that will make this morning make much more sense." She sighed, as they stepped forward again, one more step to paying for the drinks. Small talk in a coffee line calmed her down for some reason... "I guess you have to say that day doesn't really start without coffee, right?"

Mordria nodded to the woman. "Yeah, I think I can agree with that. Nothing get the skin humming quite like some caffeine," she smiled to her as she finally got to the front of the line. "Chai tea with Almond milk," she said, "and she said she was getting a Vanilla Latte," she said as she turned toward Annie. "That plus two of those breakfast croissants," she pointed to them.

"Anything else?" the barista behind the counter asked looking to Mordria and then to Annie. "That's it I think?" she said looking to Annie as well to be sure there wasn't anything else.

@MATT

Annie was never one to argue about that…as she was all too eager to finally get her coffee. “You know what, I’ll take a croissant too,” she said, as she got her money out. Really, she felt she was in the mood for one today, maybe it was just a good feeling about today, one that she couldn’t quite put her finger on. Granted, sometimes her instincts were off, but she liked to think that her time in the field had honed them.

As they stepped to one side, she watched as the workers microwaved the pastries slightly to get hers to desired warmness as they waited for their drinks. It likely would be a few minutes at most, judging from her past experiences. “So…you headed to work after this?” Just a simple innocent enough question, and that was all she meant by it anyways, to kill time while they waited for their coffee.

Mordria put her hand on Annie's to keep her from getting out her money as she used the tap on her phone to pay for the order. "So you have a better day," she explained as she looked up to the barista and he nodded that they were good. They stepped off to the side with the other woman..

"I am," she nodded to the other woman. "I work in a plant nursery slash flower shop," she said. "I love working with plants, they are so strong and yet can be so delicate," she explained. "Plus they don't ask for a manager if you forget to water them," she laughed as the man that had held up the line finally started toward the door.

@MATT

Annie was surprised, , blinking a bit, as she put her money away. “Thank you…that’s very generous of you,” she said with a smile. Indeed, this day was looking up to her already. Now if she didn’t have that Vought meeting later…it would all be okay, she thought, as she awaited her drink while standing off to the side.

“Really? I’ve been considering getting some plants for my apartment, not the kind that require too much maintenance.” Meanwhile, she did have a cover story for her off-time, as she figured maybe something a bit obvious, but not that most people would think to check. “As for me…just work in an office. One of these Vought offshoots, work and all that.” She knew that Vought kept a lot of their employees name’s off the books, so that would work.

Edited by MATT

Mordria nodded. "They have a lot of those," she grinned. "As you can see I actually get regular visits from Vought to make sure I haven't manifested anything but spots," she advised her. "To their disappointment I haven't," which was actually a complete lie. She had plant and healing powers that she couldn't show them while she was younger, people just thought she had a green thumb, so she kept it that way. "As for the house plants," she said with a smirk. "If you want to come down to The Wicca Hour I'm sure I can find you a plant or two that you can take care of. I just recommend you figure out if you want flowers or just green plants," she said to her with a smirk.

@MATT