F-ing Diabolical

Oh, Really?

Feyre Trevelyan

New York was always busy. There wasn't a slow day, or even a slow night so it was of no surprise when the street was crowded as she moved to avoid someone that was walking past her. She'd been too busy looking at her phone at an email to notice that she was about to slam into someone else. 

"Watch it!" She called, as if it was actually the other person's fault and not her own. 

The email forgotten, she shoved her phone into her pocket before turning her attention to the person that she'd almost hit. "Look, I'm sorry I was just distracted..." As if that would help the situation. 

"Who the fuck cares," the man said without really looking at the woman. "You should watch where you're going you bitch," they said before they continued passing them. He shook his head before continuing his conversation on the phone complaining about the dumb bitch who wasn't watching where they were going.

"My mom calls those people assholes," Tonka said as she looked to the woman in front of her that had attempted to rectify a situation by putting away her phone. "I've got to say, she's right. I saw what was on his phone.... sheesh his wife should know he's sleeping around on her."

@Vixen

Feyre could only glare at the man as he replied as he did. Fucking New Yorkers, they were all the same she should have realized that. Which is probably why she wasn’t as shocked as she might have been with an out of towner. “I don’t know what shocked me more, me nearly running into him or… his reply,” She wasn’t going to let it bother her, however as she turned her attention to the other woman.

“To be fair, I’d been engrossed in my phone, too.” 

She laughed at the assessment of the man’s phone and what was on it. “She probably already knows and if she doesn’t I bet she suspects.” A woman always knows. 

• 2 weeks later...

"You'd hope so, or hope someone would be nice enough to tell her," she said as the man got further away Tonka turned off his phone and what you could hear was the man shouting a loud hello before he looked to his phone and said 'what the fuck' before bringing it back up to his ear and saying hello again.

"I can buy you a coffee to make up for his rudeness if that will help?"

@Vixen

• 1 month later...

Feyre nodded. "One would hope. If I were that person that knew, I'd definitely tell her." No one liked to be in the dark about things like that. Though, she was aware that if the woman was even told about her man's infidelity, that there was a chance of her refusing to believe it. 

But the important thing? She was sure it would keep nagging at her til she went snooping. Women were very smart creatures and Feyre was glad she was one. Because she certainly would not stand for a cheater in her life. 

Even as friends, even though most believed women and men couldn't be friends. 

When the other woman offered to buy her coffee to make up for the man's rudeness, she smiled. "I would love that!"

@Morrigan

• 1 month later...

"Awesome!I think there is a Vought coffee shop up the way," she indicated with her hand as she smiled. She turned in that direction as she slid her hands into her pockets and looked over to the woman. "I do have to know though, what was so interesting on your phone?" she asked the woman as they started to walk in that direction.

Tonka was the sort to be tethered to her phone. It gave her a sense of everything around her but it certainly made her miss home sometimes. Being able to hear and see what people were watching and reading could get assaulting at times.

@Dragon